Meet Our Attorneys
Rob Lewis is an AV rated attorney who is a passionate advocate for his catastrophically injured clients and their families. He devotes the majority of his practice to representing children who are needlessly and tragically devastated by brain injuries at birth as a result of poorly managed labors and negligently executed deliveries.
Rob has successfully tried and litigated many cases involving birth injuries, including those involving Cerebral Palsy, perinatal stroke, hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy (HIE), and traumatic brain injury. Similarly, he has successfully tried and resolved cases involving many other types of medical negligence, including cases involving brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, anesthesia errors, surgical errors and hospital systems failures. He believes in giving his all for the people he represents and fighting for them while keeping in mind that litigation is usually not their first choice and that their lives already have been complicated by injury and loss.
He frequently writes and lectures on birth injury, medical negligence, litigation, and trial practice. He is a past Co-Chairman of the American Association of Justice’s Birth Trauma Litigation Group, a national organization of attorneys who are devoted to serving injured babies and their families. He is also a member of the Birth Trauma Litigation Group’s Executive Board and a past Co-Editor of the Birth Trauma Litigation Journal. He has also served as a Co-Chairman of the American Association of Justice’s Medical Negligence Information Exchange Group.
He has spent most of his life in the Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area. He is a 1989 graduate of Miami University in Oxford, Ohio and a 1997 graduate of the University of Cincinnati College of Law. After graduating from Miami, he served as an officer in the United States Navy and as a Division Officer on the USS MOOSBRUGGER (DD-980). After graduation from the University of Cincinnati, College of Law, he had the honor of serving as a judicial clerk to the Honorable William O. Bertelsman, then Chief Judge of the U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky. At the University of Cincinnati, College of Law, he served as Articles Editor and as an Associate on the Law Review. He is a member of the Ohio and Kentucky Bar Associations, AAJ (American Association of Justice), OAJ (Ohio Association for Justice), and KJA (Kentucky Justice Association). He is a Past- President of the University of Cincinnati College of Law Alumni Association. He lives in Northern Kentucky with his wife, Jennifer, his three kids, his two dogs, Martin and Molly. In his free time, he enjoys spending time with his family, attending his kids’ school and sporting events and serving as the Chairman of the Board of Crescent Ridge Academy. Rob also spends a great deal of time arguing with his wife, Jennifer Lawrence, who is also a lawyer.
- United States Navy, Officer
- Hon. William O. Bertelsman, Judicial Clerk, 1997 to 1998
- Frost Brown Todd, Associate, 1998 to 2001
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- J.D. – 1997
- Honors: Judicial Clerk, Honorable William O. Bertelsman
- Honors: Dean’s List, 1994 – 1997
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
- B.A. – 1989
- American Association for Justice, Member
- AAJ Birth Trauma Litigation Group, Current Co-Chair
- AAJ Medical Negligence Litigation Group , Past Co-Chair
- Ohio Bar Association, Member
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Justice Association, Member
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- Salmon P, Chase Inn of Court, Member
- University of Cincinnati College of Law Alumni Association, President
Current Employment Positions
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- SuperLawyers – Rising Star Award
- AV Rated
You Pay No Fees Unless We Win!
We are happy to offer a free consultation to evaluate your case. If you hire us as your legal counsel, we will represent you on a contingency-fee basis. You will pay no attorneys’ fees unless we recover financial damages.