Meet Our Attorneys
Jennifer L. Lawrence is an AV rated attorney and a partner of TLF. Ms. Lawrence has dedicated her career to representing individuals and their families who have been injured due to the negligence of others. She has focused her career on helping those injured through medical malpractice, products liability, mass torts, personal injury, and wrongful death. Ms. Lawrence strives to help families obtain compensation for injuries, to discover the truth behind what happened, and to improve the quality of the care. She has litigated, tried, and successfully resolved hundreds of cases involving brain injury, infection, cancer, surgical mishaps, spinal cord injury, psychologic injury, and death for clients of all ages, from newborns to adults.
Ms. Lawrence has argued cases before the Court of Appeals and the Supreme Court in Ohio and Kentucky. Most recently, Ms. Lawrence successfully argued in a complex products liability case involving injuries from a cardiac catheter that jurisdiction was appropriate in Kentucky courts and Kentucky law applied in the case of Russell v. Johnson & Johnson, et al.
Ms. Lawrence graduated with a B.A. from The Ohio State University and earned her law degree from Salmon P. Chase College of Law. Ms. Lawrence is licensed to practice law in Ohio and Kentucky on a state and federal level. She is also licensed to practice in the United States Supreme Court. She has represented clients throughout the country against the manufacturers of the da Vinci Surgical Robot, Essure Birth Control, Testosterone, Xarelto, Cardiac Catheters, IVC Filters and CPAP sleep devices. She is a member of the American Association of Justice (AAJ) and the current Co-Chair of the Medical Negligence Litigation Group, a national organization of trial lawyers representing those injured in the healthcare setting. She has previously served as a board member of the Birth Trauma Litigation Group and as Co-Chair of the daVinci Robotic Litigation group within AAJ. She is a member of the Kentucky Justice Association, serving as District Vice President; and is also a member of the Kentucky Bar Association, the Northern Kentucky Bar Association, and the Cincinnati Bar Association. Ms. Lawrence is a member of the Salmon P. Chase American Inn of Court serving as a board member. She has previously served by appointment from the Ohio Supreme Court on the Ohio CLE Commission and on the Kentucky Supreme Court’s Committee on the Admission to the Bar. Ms. Lawrence has had the honor of being appointed by Governor Andy Beshear as a Special Justice to the Kentucky Supreme Court.
Ms. Lawrence has spoken throughout the country on topics pertaining to medical malpractice, personal injury, wrongful death and products liability. She has been recognized by her peers as a
Top 50 SuperLawyer and a Top 25 Women SuperLawyer in Kentucky.
Ms. Lawrence has been active within her community serving as past board members of the Children’s Law Center and the Kenton County Library Foundation. Ms. Lawrence currently serves as a board member of the Legal Aid of the Bluegrass and a board member of Lawyers Mutual Insurance Company. She has served as a volunteer for moot court competitions, previously as an Adjunct Professor at Salmon P. Chase College of Law as well as serving as a volunteer for the activities involving her children. She practices law with her husband, Rob Lewis and has spent her life in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area.
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky
- J.D. – 1996
- Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio
- B.A. – 1993
- Major: Political Science
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- AAJ da Vinci Robotic Surgical Litigation Group, Co-Chair
- Birth Trauma Litigation Group, Member, Past Board Member
- Kentucky Justice Association (KJA), Board Member
- Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ), Member
- Kentucky Bar Association (KBA), Member
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association (NKBA), Women’s Law Section, Member, Past Chair
- Cincinnati Bar Association (CBA), Mock Trial Program, Member, Past Co-Chair
- Salmon P. Chase American Inn of Court, Member
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Past Board Member of Alumni
- Children’s Law Center, Board Member
- Commission of Continuing Legal Education (Ohio), Past Board Member
Current Employment Positions
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars
- Super Lawyers
- Top 25 Women Attorneys in Kentucky , Superlawyers
- Top 25 Women Lawyers in Kentucky, Super Lawyers
- Co-Author, “Medical Malpractice: Understanding the Evolution: Rebuking the Revolution”, Northern Kentucky Law Review, Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Volume 25, Number 4
You Pay No Fees Unless We Win!
We are happy to offer a free consultation to evaluate your case. If you hire us as your legal counsel, we will represent you on a contingency-fee basis. You will pay no attorneys’ fees unless we recover financial damages.