Putting Our Knowledge And Experience To Work
Covington & Cincinnati Personal Injury Attorney
Whether due to auto accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home negligence, or anything in between, a personal injury can lead to devastating physical consequences. This is not to mention the significant financial costs that can affect victims for the rest of their lives. When you make the decision to file a claim, you must protect your rights and ensure that your Cincinnati personal injury attorney is qualified and effective in resolving your case. After all, you only have one opportunity to recover damages for your injuries – it’s important to make it count.
At The Lawrence Firm, PSC, our Covington and Cincinnati personal injury lawyers are dedicated to assisting victims of serious injuries and their families recover maximum compensation as permitted by law. To arrange a free consultation with one of our experienced personal injury lawyers, give us a call or complete our online intake form today. You can reach our Cincinnati, OH law firm at (513) 651-4130, our Covington, KY law firm at (859) 578-9130, or toll-free at (800) 698-4054. We look forward to hearing from you.
Personal Injury Litigation
Personal injury lawsuits can be highly complex and often involve a large number of moving parts. Insurance companies, multiple defendants, and expert witnesses are only some of the pieces that make up a personal injury case. At The Lawrence Firm, our Ohio and Kentucky litigation attorneys are seasoned in handling a variety of personal injury claims. We apply our vast range of skills, experience, and dedication to ensure the best possible results for our clients. Assert your rights and protect your financial interests with legal advocates you can trust. Our attorneys will fight tooth and nail to get you the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
Personal Injury Law Services
Personal injury cases can stem from a wide variety of accidents and include minor to severe and even fatal injuries. As a top Cincinnati, OH personal injury law firm, The Lawrence Firm represents clients in in all types of personal injury claims, including:
- Catastrophic injuries. While all of our client’s injuries are important to us, some can be rightly classified as “catastrophic,” including injuries resulting in:
- Auto Accidents. Whatever type of motor vehicle accident you were injured in, our experienced team of attorneys is here to help you pursue full and fair compensation for your losses.
- Birth Injuries. If your infant was disabled or seriously or fatally injured during childbirth, you need to ensure that you are able to pursue a successful legal claim against every doctor, hospital, and medical professional responsible for the injury or death. Our Kentucky and Ohio birth injury attorneys can help.
- Child Injuries. For most parents, seeing their children suffer serious injuries is one of the most tragic things imaginable. Our lawyers are here to offer compassionate understanding and a fierce pursuit of justice for your family’s losses.
- Medical Negligence. Our Cincinnati medical malpractice attorneys work to recover financial compensation for clients in addition to working toward improving health care so the mistakes that injure our clients are not repeated in the future. We want to see medical errors reduced or eliminated by holding all negligent parties and organizations responsible and liable.
- Premises Liability. Accidents and injuries that occur on unsafe premises that could reasonably have been prevented may hold property owners liable in a premises liability lawsuit.
- Products Liability. A defective product (i.e., dangerous medications or malfunctioning equipment) can cause devastating injuries to consumers. Proving the product is defective as well as the company’s liability can be a complex and highly technical task. Our products liability attorneys have the resources, knowledge, and determination to try complex products liability cases.
- Dog Bites. Dog attacks can cause severe physical injuries, not to mention emotional trauma and psychological damage. Dog owners have a responsibility to control their pets, especially if they’ve shown aggressive or dangerous behavior in the past. Irresponsible dog owners should and can be held accountable for dog bite incidents.
- Fatal Injuries and Wrongful Death Claims. Our attorneys represent the families and estates of those who have suffered wrongful death in Kentucky and Ohio due to the negligence of another.
Whatever your personal injury matter, the injury lawyers at The Lawrence Firm are ready and willing to help.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Kentucky?
The deadline for filing a personal injury claim in Kentucky can be found in the state’s statute of limitations. This statute indicates that in most cases, injured parties have up to one year from the date of the accident that caused the injury to file a claim.
This deadline encompasses most injuries EXCEPT those resulting from car accidents. Kentucky is no-fault state when it comes to motor vehicle accidents, meaning if a car accident lawsuit does become possible, plaintiffs actually have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in Ohio?
Ohio’s statute of limitations grants personal injury victims two years from the date of the initial injury to file a claim with the courts, with a few exceptions.
Regardless of whether you reside in Kentucky or Ohio, if you wait too long, you may be unable to file a claim, putting your financial future in jeopardy. It’s important that you reach out to an experienced personal injury lawyer as soon after your accident as possible to ensure that time limitations are not a cause for concern in receiving the compensation you’re entitled to.
How Much Can I Recover from a Personal Injury Settlement?
The amount that someone may recover from their personal injury settlement depends on a variety of factors that are often case-specific. This includes things like the amount of resulting medical expenses, the severity and extent of the injuries, the time spent recovering, property damage (if any) and much more. It also depends on the place in which you live. For example, Kentucky does not place any limit on the amount of compensation you are able to receive from a personal injury lawsuit. On the other hand, some states, like Ohio, place a maximum cap on the amount of compensation you are able to receive.
The amount of noneconomic damages a personal injury claimant can collect in Ohio is limited to either $250,000 or three times the amount of economic damages, whichever is larger. Noneconomic damages cannot exceed $350,000 for a single plaintiff or $500,000 for several plaintiffs.
However, if the victim suffered from catastrophic injuries (permanent physical deformity, paralysis, amputation, etc.), this cap will not apply to noneconomic compensation. Ohio damages caps also do not apply in situations where the state is the defendant, a personal injury claim is filed against a political subdivision of the state, or a wrongful death claim is filed.
As a result, your personal injury settlement compensation can range anywhere from a few thousand dollars to tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. In cases with unique and extreme circumstances, millions of dollars in compensation might even be on the table. To get a better understanding of how much your case might be worth, speak with a Cincinnati personal injury lawyer today.
What Damages are Available in a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
With the assistance of an OH personal injury attorney, serious accident victims may be able to obtain compensation for their injuries for a variety of damages. These damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish and emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages
- Wrongful death damages
Why Do I Need a Personal Injury Attorney?
It is extremely important in personal injury accidents that the injured victims obtain legal assistance when pursuing a personal injury insurance claim. Though it is possible to pursue a settlement on your own, it can be extremely difficult to build a thorough case for yourself without proper legal experience, specifically a background in personal injury law and litigation. The other parties’ insurance company will use their slew of tactics to persuade you to settle early on and for much less than you deserve. As a result, you will likely end up with the bare minimum, if anything at all, when fighting alone. That is why it is crucial to your case that you hire a legal team experienced in representing victims of personal injuries.
When you acquire the help of The Lawrence Firm, PSC, our trial lawyers will:
- Fully investigate the cause of your accident to identify responsible parties.
- Request and collect medical records and medical bills.
- Contact insurance companies to make sure that medical bills are paid and handle all conversations with insurance adjusters.
- Retain accident reconstruction experts, medical doctors, psychologists, therapists, and other experts who can help to demonstrate your injuries and financial loss.
- Contact police officers, make copies of accident reports, and secure witnesses to testify on your behalf.
- Take photographs of the accident scene and injuries to demonstrate necessary coverage for your injuries.
- Negotiate with other parties involved to reach a fair settlement.
- If necessary, take your case to trial and fight for your right to just compensation in a court of law.
In addition to all of this, our attorneys are also willing to meet all injured clients at their home or in the hospital to accommodate their needs. That way, our clients can focus their energy on making a full recovery while we handle the legal and financial aspects of the case.
Personal Injury Law Firm in Cincinnati, OH & Covington, KY
If you or a loved one has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, it’s crucial that you seek legal services that can help you recover compensation to allow you to go forward with confidence and peace of mind. Our skilled Covington and Cincinnati personal injury attorneys at The Lawrence Firm can help you obtain the maximum amount of compensation available for your injury. We will extensively examine your claim and tell you upfront what we believe are reasonable expectations for your case’s resolution. When an appropriate, client-approved settlement is feasible, we will work aggressively to settle matters in an efficient manner. If a settlement outside of court cannot be obtained, we’ll then take your case to court, where we are known for our ability to litigate on your behalf and achieve maximum financial recovery.
Contact us online or by telephone today to arrange a free initial consultation with one of our experienced personal injury attorneys. You can reach our Cincinnati office by calling (513) 651-4130, our Covington law office at (859) 578-9130, or toll-free at (800) 698-4054.
You Pay No Fees Unless We Win!
We are happy to offer a free consultation to evaluate your case. If you hire us as your legal counsel, we will represent you on a contingency-fee basis. You will pay no attorneys’ fees unless we recover financial damages.