Common Causes Of Truck Accidents
When a semitruck or 18-wheeler is involved in an accident, the damage to people can be extraordinary, and the circumstances of the accident are almost always complex. Truck accident cases require careful investigation and accident reconstruction.
At The Lawrence Firm, PSC, we utilize every resource at our disposal to uncover the causes of truck accidents for our clients. We bring more than 40 years of experience and knowledge, a network of accident reconstructionists and other forensic experts to get the best outcomes possible in the cases we handle. For the convenience of our clients, we have offices in Covington, Kentucky and Cincinnati, Ohio, and we handle cases throughout these areas.
Finding The Causes Of Truck Accidents
Determining the cause of a truck accident is crucial in assigning responsibility for an insurance claim. Our attorneys investigate many possible causes of tractor-trailer accidents, including:
- Equipment failure or equipment malfunction, such as tire blowouts or defective brakes
- Negligent maintenance, which is more common now that rates and reimbursements have been cut back
- Overloaded trailers, causing brake failure or another equipment failure
- Poor packing, allowing the load to shift and pull the truck off balance on a curve
- Failing to secure the load so that things fall off into oncoming traffic
- Driver error, including drivers falling asleep, parking unsafely along dark highways or failing to put up required warning signs
- Falsification of the trucker’s logbook
- Failure to follow DOT rules and regulations
Because of the different causes of an 18-wheeler accident, it is possible that the owner of the truck, not the driver is responsible for the semi crash. We have the experience and capabilities to analyze which party or parties are liable for your injuries and property loss.
The Resources To Pursue Full Compensation
The truck accident lawyers at The Lawrence Firm, PSC, have the experience and knowledge to deal with the complex factors involved in a truck accident. We have a wide range of capabilities, including the ability to investigate and reconstruct these complicated accidents to determine cause and liability.
Further, we have the resources necessary to investigate, develop, and try a major truck accident case and the technical ability to use video re-enactments, simulation and animation technologies to show accident causes.