We Seek Compensation For Victims Of Defective Products
Occasionally a dangerous product will reach the consumer market. Sometimes it is a fundamental design flaw that was not caught in the design or manufacturing phase. The defective product might be the result of defective materials or processes used in manufacture. Or in some cases, the company decided to sell a product even knowing that the product was defective.
Whatever the reason, a defective product such as dangerous medications or defective brakes or tires can cause devastating injuries to consumers. Proving the product is defective and proving the company’s liability can be a complex and highly technical task. At The Lawrence Firm, PSC, we have the resources, the knowledge and the determination to try complex products liability cases. Our firm offices are located in Covington, Kentucky, and Cincinnati, Ohio.
Knowledge And Resources To Present A Compelling Case
Proving products liability requires a thorough knowledge of the law plus the resources to put together a team of experts to investigate and present a compelling case. Our attorneys have the experience to handle:
- Dangerous drugs: When prescription drugs present an unacceptably high risk of side effects (including death) and have documented instances of injuries and death occurring, the drugs may be considered dangerous and/or defective. We handle cases involving all types of pharmaceutical drugs, such as Actos, Yaz and testosterone replacements as well as over-the-counter medications.
- Malfunctioning medical devices: The number of implanted and externally utilized medical devices that are being used in health care facilities has drastically increased. Unfortunately, this has also brought about an increase in defective products. We represent patients who have suffered due to all types of malfunctioning and dangerous medical devices such as power morcellators and the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System.
- Malfunctioning machines: A machine with a design flaw can become an instrument of injury or death. If you or a loved one has sustained serious injuries or been killed due to a defect or flaw in a space heater, an electric drill or any other type of machinery, we can help.
- Construction equipment: Defective scaffolds or ladders that cause falls or electrical wiring that causes electric shock or electrocution may leave individuals severely injured or dead. We stand up for victims and families whose lives have been drastically changed due to the impact of defective and dangerous construction equipment.
- Explosions: Poorly protected gas tanks or improperly stored explosives can cause severe burn injuries. These burns may result in a lifetime need for medical care, additional surgeries, and scarring, disfigurement, pain and suffering. We strive to help these individuals get the compensation they deserve for the injuries they sustained in explosions due to defective products.
- Adulterated food products: When defective manufacturing procedures allow dangerous ingredients into a food processing plant, the manufacturer must be held responsible for injuries and illnesses sustained by consumers. Our firm helps clients who have suffered due to dangerous foods.
- Allergic reactions: The number of people in the country with food allergies is on the rise. If you or a loved one has experienced a life-threatening reaction from a product that was improperly labeled, we may be able to take action against the negligent parties on your behalf.