Experience To Work
Kara M. Harp
- Medical Malpractice 90%
- Personal Injury 10%
Kara is a 2009 graduate of the University of Kentucky where she earned a Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, in Communication and minored in Psychology. Kara graduated manga cum laude from Salmon P. Chase College of Law at Northern Kentucky University in 2014. She was one of only two students in her graduating class to earn a Certificate for Excellence in Advocacy, which represents leadership skills and coursework emphasizing written and oral advocacy, pre-trial and trial skills and alternative dispute resolution.
Kara was very active in law school, serving as a member of the Moot Court Board, the Executive Board of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity and as Student Representatives for LexisNexis legal research and Barbri bar review. While in law school, she worked as a law clerk at a personal injury firm, spent a summer in the litigation department at GE Aviation and completed externships at the Kenton County Commonwealth's Attorney and the Kentucky Court of Appeals.
Kara joined The Lawrence Firm shortly after graduating from law school. Since starting practice in 2014, Kara has solely represented injury victims and their families. Her practice is primarily devoted to representing those injured as a result of medical negligence, including birth injuries. Kara has also successfully litigated and resolved cases on behalf of individuals injured in automobile accidents and other personal injury incidents. She was selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in Medical Malpractice, an award given to the top 2.5% of attorneys under age 40, in 2019 and 2020.
Kara is currently Chair of the Northern Kentucky Bar Association Young Lawyers Section and a member of the Northern Kentucky Bar Association Board of Directors and Executive Committee.
Kara grew up in the Lexington area and is a huge Kentucky basketball fan. She currently resides in Bellevue, Kentucky.
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky
- J.D. - 2014
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Certificate for Excellence in Advocacy
- Honors: Moot Court Board
- Honors: Executive Board of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Honors: Student Representative for LexisNexis
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- B.A. - 2009
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Communication
- Minor: Psychology
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- AAJ Birth Trauma Litigation Group
- AAJ Medical Negligence Information Exchange Group
- AAJ Professional Negligence Section
- Salmon P. Chase American Inn of Court
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Justice Association (KJA)
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association (NKBA)
- NKBA Young Lawyers Section, Chair
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
Current Employment Positions:
- Ohio, 2014
- Kentucky, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2017
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars – Medical Malpractice – 2019, 2020
- Northern Kentucky Volunteer Lawyers - Pro Bono Attorney, Present
- Phi Alpha Delta