Meet Our Attorneys
Kara has devoted her practice to solely representing injury victims. Kara joined The Lawrence Firm in 2014, after graduating from law school. She primarily represents people injured due to medical negligence, including birth injuries, stroke, wrongful death, and other catastrophic medical injuries. She enjoys immersing herself in the medicine and science applicable to each case to challenge negligent medical providers and advocate for her clients. She has been selected as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in Medical Malpractice, an award given to the top 2.5% of attorneys under age 40, since 2019. Kara has also successfully litigated and resolved cases on behalf of individuals injured in motor vehicle accidents and other personal injury incidents.
Kara earned a Bachelor of Arts in Communication from the University of Kentucky, graduating summa cum laude with a 4.0 grade point average. Kara graduated manga cum laude from Salmon P. Chase College of Law at Northern Kentucky University. She was one of only two students in her graduating class to earn a Certificate for Excellence in Advocacy, which represents leadership skills and coursework emphasizing written and oral advocacy, pre-trial and trial skills, and alternative dispute resolution.
Kara is a member of the Northern Kentucky Bar Association’s Board of Directors and is a past Chair of the Young Lawyers Section. Over the years, she has held numerous other leadership positions in the Young Lawyers Section.
Kara grew up in the Lexington area and is a huge Kentucky basketball fan. Outside of work, she enjoys weightlifting, travel, and her shih tzu, Benson. Kara resides in Bellevue, where she is a member of the city’s Planning and Zoning Commission.
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky
- J.D. – 2014
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: Certificate for Excellence in Advocacy
- Honors: Moot Court Board
- Honors: Executive Board of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
- Honors: Student Representative for LexisNexis
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- B.A. – 2009
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Major: Communication
- Minor: Psychology
- American Association for Justice (AAJ)
- AAJ Birth Trauma Litigation Group
- AAJ Medical Negligence Information Exchange Group
- AAJ Professional Negligence Section
- Salmon P. Chase American Inn of Court
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Justice Association (KJA)
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association (NKBA)
- NKBA Board of Directors Member
- NKBA Young Lawyers Section, Past Chair
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio, 2014
- Kentucky, 2015
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2016
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2017
- Certificate for Excellence in Advocacy
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars – Medical Malpractice – 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Medical Malpractice 95%
- Personal Injury 5%
You Pay No Fees Unless We Win!
We are happy to offer a free consultation to evaluate your case. If you hire us as your legal counsel, we will represent you on a contingency-fee basis. You will pay no attorneys’ fees unless we recover financial damages.