Injuries Stemming From The Use Of Catheters In Invasive Procedures
Catheter injuries are common in many invasive medical procedures. If you have been hurt, you need the help of an experienced team of lawyers.
At The Lawrence Firm, we fight for victims of catheter-related injuries. With offices in Covington, Kentucky and Cincinnati, Ohio, we handle a range of mass tort claims involving defective medical devices.
We have more than 40 years of experience and a track record of successful results in complex litigation matters. Our attorneys can help you get the compensation you deserve.
There are numerous types and brands of catheters, each carrying different risks, but common risks associated with catheters include:
- Catheter perforation injuries: This is a common injury when catheters are used in coronary procedures. When the procedure is not handled properly, coronary walls and valves can become perforated, resulting in serious complications that are potentially fatal.
- Strokes and heart attacks: When a catheter is not inserted properly, fluid buildup and other problems can arise, leading to increased risk of stroke or heart attack.
- Internal injuries: With penile catheters in particular, catheter insertion can cause serious internal injuries.
- Extreme pain and discomfort: Because catheters are so invasive, it is common for their use to result in extreme pain and discomfort for patients.
- Infections: When catheters are improperly cleaned and sterilized, they introduce germs that can lead to serious and even life-threatening infections.
These are just a few of the possible side effects and complications that can arise from catheter use. If you have experienced any type of problem with catheter use, talk with our lawyers. We can assess your case to see if you have a viable claim, and we will fight to help you obtain the compensation you deserve.